Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tick tock, 2months since we went to Russia and good God is it going slowly! However on one hand that's good because I don't want time to fly by with Princess Toodles but on the other hand, anxiety levels are reaching gigantic levels. Everything stresses me, Russia and UK having diplomatic problems becuase of Litvenchenko, the guy who was poisoned by the Russians. Russia and US over weapons, anything I hear about Russia is usually a bit doom and gloom and I just begin to panic about getting our daughter before everything goes pear shaped.

And people who are well meaning and nice and beginning to annoy me, the converstion usually goes:

"So how's the Adoption going?"
"Oh we're just waiting for the phone call but we have no idea how long that will be."
"Do you think it will be soon?"
"I really don't know, some people get a quick referral, others wait years"
"So do you think you'll have her home by Christmas?"

I know people are well meaning and don't really know what else to say but after the 10th time of this you do get just a touch stressy! Although, what are people supposed to say to come across as interested yet savvy? Polite enquiries about preparations, learning Russian or our general coping-ness with the wait? I'm really don't know but if I you have any suggestions...

No comments: