Friday, June 15, 2007

15th June 2007: Checks on Russian Adoption website 2, Checking of home email 4, wistful discussions with hubby about names 1

It's a fact, it's here I think I've finally found my Waiting Routine. The pattern that helps you get through the week whilst still functioning normally but in an internal state of Red Alert. The weirdest thing is things do settle down and all it takes is one call to throw the whole mallarky into complete chaos.

Another weekend of indirect adoption preparation - Shelving.... not a subject normally associated with International Adoption but as I'm discovering crucial. Without Shelving, I have no where to put all the towels, which clears out the old unit which I can then throw out to clear space in our new daughters bedroom. Logical!

And there will be the Russian practise, I am promising myself I will do some Russian this weekend. It's just... I think I am completely rubbish at it but I know it's going to be vital - or is it? Other people adopt from Russia without reading the complete works of Tolsoy or becoming bi-lingual. How far do I have to go to protect Toodles 2's Russian heritage? Eating dumplings is defintely out but learning to speak her native tongue - surely not unreasonable? I've been trying to find Russian pop music that I can listen too at work but so far have only dicovered a vast array of CD's on chanting or folk music, neither of which are particularly appealing. Maybe I should try the dumplings...???

No comments: